Tuesday, February 9, 2010

D-Day

As most of you know, Chris and I have chosen November 5th as D-Day.  Why did we do this?*  Originally we wanted a cool day.  11/11/11 or something like that.  But half of the cool days don't fall on weekends.  I really really wanted Pi Day (3/14), but this doesn't fall on a weekend until 2015.  I was strongly considering waiting since this would have made it 3/14/15 and that had me super excited.  We could have had the ceremony at 9:00AM!

And then reality hit.  I had already waited for too long.  I was not waiting until 2015.  Never.

So then the decision became a calculated one.  I took a little trip over to weather.com.**

There was no way that I was ever going to have a Summer wedding in Charleston.  Everyone would be sweating. I would look like a glowing bride.  I would be a wilting bride.   I thought that late March to early April looked promising as did late October to early November.  And then this sealed it:
November had the lowest precipitation of any month.  Sold!  Why November 5th?  It's an crappy game for Georgia and an away game for Georgia Tech.  Seriously.  This went into my decision calculus.  I was sure to ask my die-hard UGA friend, Deanna what she thought about the game against New Mexico State that weekend and she said that she didn't care.  Okay.  If she didn't care about the game, then noone else would either.  November 5th it is!

Here is a snapshot of the averages for November 5th:
 

Not bad.  Maybe a bit warm, but the Cotton Dock is right on the water and there are lots of large doors and windows that would provide a ton of circulation.  Plus, it'll be towards the evening, so the temperature will settle into a comfortable mid-60s. That's my guess, anyway.  Even if it rains, the Cotton Dock is enclosed so we can have everything inside.  We're looking at perhaps having the ceremony on the back patio of the actual house.  That'll be outdoors, but it's something easily moved if it rains.

That means that you now have a date.  Go ahead and ask for time off of work now.  I expect all of you there the whole week to have a par-tay.  Buy your plane tickets or arrange your car pools.  AirTran probably has them on for $6.  Plus, you guys have some last minute crafting to do.  You have had fair warning to not only get your craft on but also to make arrangements.  I imagine this is how the conversation with your bosses will go:

 You:  Boss, I need to ask off from October 31-November 4th.
Boss:  Wow, 10 months early.  I appreciate you being so on top of things.
You: No, boss.  For 2011.
Boss:  errrr....
You:  You see, I'm going to the much anticipated wedding of the century.
Boss: ...
You:  If Princess Diana got married in this century, Lindsay's wedding would definitely beat it.
Boss: Well, then, if that's the case.  Do you need the whole month of?  We'll even pay you.  This is clearly the opportunity of a lifetime.  You must attend.

And that, dear friends, is how things will play out.  So book time off now!


*Chris really didn't have a whole lot to do with the decision, but no matter...

 ** Pretty much my favorite website in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment