Saturday, February 6, 2010

Colors!

Chris and I have decided on colors for the wedding.  Well... More like I decided and let Chris know what we were going to have.

Despite what you think, picking colors is a grueling process.  This went through a number of iterations (Emerald and Aqua, Hot Pink and Ice Blue...).  Chris was really committed to lavender.  I think he saw a wedding once where one of the colors was lavender, and he got stuck on the idea.  I think he wants his groomsmen wearing lavender ties.  Who knows.  It still shocks me that he picked purple.  I figured if he picked a color like that, I should do my best to try and make it work.
Thoughts floated through my head of a nine year old girl's room, and I just couldn't handle it.  He really wanted lavender and chocolate.  I understand that chocolate is the new "it" color, but I just think it's going to look so dated.  Plus, I don't wear a lot of brown in my own wardrobe.  I wear it about as often as I wear black.  I knew I wanted it to look like a color scheme that I would wear.  There had to be a way to make it look more grown up.  My friend Ali showed me a post from a wedding blog that used lavender with cherry.  I had seen something similar on Martha Stewart Weddings.
I really loved the color combo and THOSE RED SHOES!  But as I kept trying to make it work, it just got harder and harder.  I knew that if I were going to lavender, it would have to be a dusty lavender.  It's really difficult to get that color in any type of dress.  Plus, red was so hard!  I didn't want it to look to UGA.  I loved the scheme.  It was so modern and chic.  But alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

And then... Inspiration.  Navy!  I love navy!  I love it almost as much as I love gray.  Oooo navy.  One of my fave neutrals. And Chris is in the Navy.  FATE! Lavender would be a prominent accent color but no more.  Our wedding will be loads of navy, lavender for color, and shots of dark pink/fuschia for interest.  I am stoked!
And now those of you actually reading this blog will have a sneak peak of all the little details as they occur.  Aren't you excited?  So much of this wedding will have my crafty DIY mad skillz (Martha Stewart, eat your heart out). Therefore, a lot of it will end up in this blog.  Wait until you see my adventures with glue guns :)  I have so many projects in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment