Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wedding Bands


I already know what I want for my wedding band.  It's actually really easy.  My engagement ring has channel set emerald-cut diamonds in the band, and I want my wedding band to match.  Easy peasy.


Chris is a plain-Jane kinda guy.  Hmm... maybe that's incorrect.  He's stoic and manly and no frills attached.  Yes.  I think he would prefer that description much more.

He really wants a plain titanium band.  No diamonds or doo dahs.  I don't even think he wants any ornamentation at all on the outside.  Like the grooves in the band pictured below may be too much for him

Titanium, however, can't be resized and I heard from someone that they can't really cut it off.  So if you get into a car accident and they have to remove your jewelry, they have to cut your finger off if they can't slide the ring off.  I'm not sure if that's true or not (probably not), but that kinda creeps me out.  I would prefer that they not cut my husband's finger off.  That means either platinum or gold.  Much better.  I think he likes how manly it looks though.  Aren't boys cute?

Guess what I found on etsy, though.  How cool are these:
Plain outside, but with my fingerprints inside!  That way he could always have a little piece of me around. Is that cool or weird?  I already had a thought about what to engrave on the inside, but this seems kinda neat too.  You can also get the fingerprints on the outside:

Kinda cool, but definitely not as subtle.  I prefer subtle (seriously!  I know it's hard to believe!  But I do).

They are from etsy seller  Fabuluster.  Prices aren't too bad, actually.  A bit more expensive than that titanium business that Chris wants.  What's the verdict?  Cool or creepy?

No comments:

Post a Comment