Sunday, April 11, 2010

Alternative Wedding Boutonnières

I feel like boutonnieres are an often overlooked accessory when it comes to a groom's wedding day style, but I think a lot of personality can be packed in a little space! I really want to make some nifty boutonnieres for the boys.  I have been saving pics for awhile now.  There are these cutsey ones as well that I heart.  They're a little more traditional, but again very playful:


I love the slightly preppy quality to them.


There's also these from Martha.  I love the tweed fabric she used as a basis for real flowers.  Kinda masculine, but still pretty classic and just a bit of the unexpected.


I think Chris is really going to go for these, though.  The Bespoke Boutonnieres by Fritts Rosenow. No traditional flowers here, these boutonnieres are strictly for the playful and quirky.  Sounds a lot like us!


I am absolutely positive that I can make these myself.  Do some hunting in the miniatures/doll section of Hobby Lobby and Michaels and some toy stores and look for things that represent the groomsmen, some hot glue gunning later, and I could have some fabulously cool boutonnières.  The bridesmaids shouldn't have all the fun!

I just really hope Chris doesn't want a Yoda one (shudder).

No comments:

Post a Comment