Thursday, April 8, 2010

More screenprinting love

'Member my obsession with Gocco and StencilPro for sreenprinting?  And I said that I thought it would be difficult for me to line everything up in order to print my own invitations.

SOLUTION FOUND!

I love blogs.

This blogger/designer uses StencilPro in her Gocco machine, but I think I can use this concept without the Gocco machine.  I just have to be more careful.  She uses framing mats!

What a fantastic idea!  She simply tapes the exposed screens to the mats in order to make her framed screens.

My invitations are a funny size, but I can get that interior window cut to be the exact size of the invitations, then slip the invitation in so it doesn't move around, screen away.  I'll need to adapt the process a bit to make it work without a Gocco, but I think this is absolutely doable.  I'm so excited!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate myself after this idea.  Printing 200 of my own invitations sounds like one of those good-idea/bad-ideas where it's a great idea initially, but a terrible idea after about 50.  Maybe I'll do a little at a time over the course of a month?  I don't have enough space to be able to do 200 at once since they need time and space to dry.

Anyone want to be enlisted to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment