Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Swoon

Everyone out there knows I'm a sucker for a good baked good.  mmmmmmmm sugar.  So you also know that the dessert table at the wedding is going to be uber importante (did you like how I mixed two languages there?  I'm trying to show how wordly I am).  Currently, I am obsessing over cakes.  I am about a year away from having to order one, but I am desperate for a tasting session.

So, in lieu of not being able to design a cake, I have been thinking long and hard about the look of the cake table.  I have decided that I need a custom cake stand:

I mean, who doesn't, right?  This Sarah's Stands over on etsy.com merchant can customize the stand in over 70 colors.  I think I seriously want/need a fuchsia one.

The cake stands from this merchant come in multiple sizes, but at $115-$245 a pop, I think this is waaaaayyyy to exorbitant.  I will need to do some mad googling.  Either that, or pretend I'm a student at GT still, take a trip over to the craft center, pay $15 for some clay and figure out how to make one myself.  Although, with my luck, it'll end up looking like a lopsided hunk of clay.

If all else fails, I really need these, don't I?


I think I may register for these.  Or something.  Although, Chris said I could pick out something for my birthday, maybe I'll select these adorable little stands.

A girl has to dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment