Monday, March 1, 2010

поешьте, выпейте, и жените

I love a good theme as much as the next girl (See: Birthday 21-24), but please stop me before I do this.  Seriously.  Everyone knows how I get really carried away about things, but I want my wedding to be sassy and classy, not trashy:



So the groom is a count from Sweden and the bride (now a countess... jerk) is from Russia.  Does this remind everyone else a little of
I apologize to those of you who aren't obsessed with crappy, voyeuristic television.

The theme of this particular wedding was King Karl XII from Sweden meets Katerina the Great from Russia.  Really.  I didn't make that up.  In their defense, it does look really nice and Russians (in Russia) have some crazy weddings.  They also always take pictures in Red Square.  They love bizarre, funny pictures.  When I was there, there were tons of weddings.  The women always wore those fingerless lace gloves that are pointy (there's a little elastic thing that goes around the middle finger).  And they had some crazy poufey dresses.  I think they're more risky than we southern (ha!) brides are.

Reminds me a lot of Irish Traveler (they don't like being called "gypsies") weddings.  They're in Augusta.  Ask me about them.


Bridesmaids.  Notice the girl helping the bride out of the car on the left.  This is the bride:


Maybe it's a European thing?  When Jordan (aka Katie Price who's a Page 3 model in the UK) got married, this is what she wore:


But that's neither here nor there.  Anyway.  Forgive me.  I am easily distracted.  More pictures from the wedding I started this post about:

Obligatory Red Square photo.


Pretty sure my bridesmaids would kill me.


Photography: Alicia Swedenborg

Chris keeps threatening and saying that we're going to have a confederate wedding.  God help me -- I will never wear hoop skirts or a corset.  Although, maybe I should have a theme.  It may be worth it to see Chris in breeches.

No comments:

Post a Comment