Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New obsession

So, unless you're obsessed with crafts like I am, you probably have never heard of Japanese washi paper tape.  It's sort of like a cross between masking tape and adhesive paper.  I love Japanese inventions.  From Gocco to this!  Where do they come up with this stuff?
You can use washi paper tape to adorn everything from scrapbooks, gifts, cards, or just randomly decorate.  It comes in a dizzying array of colors and patterns and is totally the type of thing I love.  I have a vision for this, so stick with me.  It's available in the U.S. mostly through etsy sellers, and is rather affordable (from Pretty Tape, 3 rolls for $8.50).  I am strongly considering getting a bunch to adorn and decorate.  There will be a lot of whiteware and porcelain throughout the venue (Robin totally helped me out finding stuff this past week on the West Coast), and I think it would be awesome to jazz some plain white elements up.

On that note, Robin has promised to help me find white vases for my centerpieces.  I want the whole look to be unified, but eclectic and fun.  I am currently collecting white "vessels."  She has promised me a porcelain or white metal cowboy boot vase.  So, sports fans, if you are rummaging around in an antique store and see something nifty that would work, buy it for me (so long as it's less than $20ish).  I want things that are neat and different.  Teapots, jugs, gnomes, whatever.  They can be rustic and not pristine.  I don't mind.  If it's not white, but you think it can be easily spray prainted white without looking a hot mess, get that too!  As a general rule, glass and metal can probably be painted and still look neat. Porcelain may look okay, but if it's printed with any kind of design (flowers or what-not), it probably won't go over well.  I'm sticking with white to look uniform, but if you see something out there that's white + one of my wedding colors, get that too!  If nothing else, it'll be a cool story, right?  Would you love to point to some random thing at my wedding, jump up and down excitedly, and yell, "I BOUGHT THAT!!"  I thought you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment