Sunday, August 8, 2010

Changes in Colors

So, I think I may be changing my color palette.  I was swayed by a picture in Martha Stewart's magazine.  I'm pretty sure that this may be met with a lot of nay-sayers since it's a little unexpected, but that's why I like it.

I love the shades of taupes, creams, and linens, and then the contrast of the lancaster blue, with the pops of peaches and yellows.  The shades of linen-y colors would also be great at my venue.  It's super Charleston-y.



I think this is still something I'll like in my pictures 30 years from now, and part of me thinks the lavender, blue and fuchsia is borrrrinnnng.  Bridesmaids will still be in the navy (albiet a slightly different navy).

Not this dress, but this color.

Their bouquets would be those apricots and yellows, and then some neutral strappy sandals.

I know Katherine hates wedges, but this is just an idea.  And then the shoe can either go casual or I can do a metallic shoe if I wanted to be dressier.  Not as fancy as fuschia pumps, but could still be cute.  I could wear these.  They're still a neutral, right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment