Sunday, July 11, 2010

WOOOOOO!

This is a destination post.  I'm currently blogging from a beach chair at Virginia Beach.  Chris had 4 days off, so I drove (9 hours. ugh.) up to see him.  We took a 2 day trip out to Washington D.C. to see the sights and for me to get my wedding dress.  Just one word:

Love.

Bought it on the spot.  The matching jewelry is enh.  Probably won't be wearing that.  The veil matches, but I may replace that as well.  We'll see.  It's ridiculously long on me and will need massive alterations, but that was to be expected.  I'll use the money I saved to make this dress perfect.

Random trivia:  it was originally bought at the bridal salon where I tried on the dress in the first place in Peachtree City.  This dress has been getting around, but ultimately returned back here at a fraction of the cost.  It's in the back of my car right now and will be temporarily stored at Katherine's place until I make it back to Athens.  My mother doesn't know I bought a dress, so there is a necessary ruse going on.  We'll see how that one plays out.

Ring: check.  Venue: check.  Dress: check.  Rad 80s Cover Band: on deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment