Friday, June 18, 2010

4 things or thereabouts

1.  This week I have billed 55 hours so far.  To calculate how many hours you have to be here in order to bill those hours, multiply by pi.  That's a rough guestimate.  That's what pi is used for, right?

2.  TGIF.

3.  I brought donuts to work thinking it would be easy to get rid of them.  It has been a ridiculous challenge.  I blame the health food movement.

4. I'M GOING DRESS SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND!  I have yet to take a day off from work, and so I'm treating myself.  Working really gets in the way of planning a wedding.  Evidence: how little I've blogged.  I know you guys miss me.

Note that dress shopping does not equal dress buying.  I'm going to play dress up.  Haha.  I know, I know.  Consultants hate it when you do that, but frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.  I refuse to be pressured into buying a dress on the spot, just because it might not be there later.  Whatever.  I'll handle it.  You don't buy cars or houses without comparison shopping, and although a dress doesn't cost (or maybe it might...) the same as a car or a house, it's still a big chunk of change.  Not happenin' sista.

So Katherine and I are visiting two bridal salons.  One is having a trunk show for my fave designer, Jim Hjelm:

The other is for Katherine's favorite, Lazaro:

They're really the same designer (different lines), but no matter.  No, Katherine is not getting married.  She is living vicariously through me.  I don't mind.  We are going to try to covertly take pictures.  :)  I will upload them if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment